Sprinkler System Services in Charleston, SC
Sprinkler Repair & Installation in Charleston, North Charleston, Summerville, Goose Creek and Beyond
From sprinkler repairs and service to regularly scheduled irrigation and sprinkler maintenance, our Charleston sprinkler system experts are here for you every step of the way. Our team understands that every house is different. The first thing we do after getting to your home is investigate your sprinkler system. We bring all the necessary equipment to identify and fix common irrigation problems. Meaning we can tackle everything in one visit. If your sprinkler system is in need of major repairs or upgrades, we’ll give you an estimate. And time to decide which option is best for you.
Signs Your Charleston Sprinkler System is in Need of Repair
A malfunctioning sprinkler system is more than an inconvenience. If your sprinkler heads won’t turn on, your lawn and beloved plants can turn brown or die quicker than you think. And if your sprinkler heads are leaking, they can over water your lawn. Or cause thousands of dollars in water damage.
Some common sprinkler system problems we typically see in Charleston are:
- Leaks in the irrigation system
- Broken sprinkler heads
- Sprinkler system controller issues
- Dry patches in the lawn
- Electrical malfunctions with the sprinkler system
No matter the issue, our techs here at Conserva Irrigation are ready to tackle any residential sprinkler repairs to address whatever is affecting your sprinkler’s performance.
Sprinkler System Installations in Charleston
Here at Conserva Irrigation of Charleston, we handle brand new sprinkler installations, expansions, and replacements. Our team will inspect your lawn and meticulously install a sprinkler system that will meet all of your needs.
Our Priority is Conserving Water: Our Most Precious Natural Resource
When installing a new sprinkler system into your Charleston home, we take everything into consideration, including water conservation. Every component we use in our irrigation systems is designed to deliver the precise amount of water at exactly the right time. Our sprinkler systems have been known to use up to 60% less water than traditional sprinkler systems, while still enjoying a beautifully green lawn.
Because no Charleston home or lawn is the same, none of our sprinkler systems are the same. When designing your system, we take all of the following into consideration.
- Your lawn’s topography
- Your area’s precipitation rate
- The type of soil in your yard
- The slope your home sits on
- How much sun and shade your yard receives
Additional Sprinkler Repair Services We Offer in the Charleston Area
Our team of South Carolina irrigation experts are also happy to provide:
- Commercial Property Sprinkler Services: If you own a business, call on Conserva Irrigation for quality sprinkler repairs or new irrigation installations. From smaller stores to large corporate offices, we can handle projects of any size — you can count on us to keep your business looking its best.
- Unique Sprinkler System Upgrades: Outdated sprinkler systems can cost you money, water, and peace of mind. New sensors, efficient sprinkler heads, and additional upgrades will give you more control of your lawn.
- Seasonal Sprinkler Services: Sprinkler systems require regular maintenance and upgrades in order to perform their best. Regular seasonal services will ensure your sprinkler system is prepared for the weather ahead.
- Pump Installation, Repair & Maintenance: The pump is the heart of your sprinkler system — if it begins to fail, the rest of your system will be affected. From pump filters and electronics to the mechanical components, regular service will help extend the life of your pump.
- Backflow Preventer Repair & Replacement: Rest easy knowing that we’re always working to keep your drinking water safe from irrigation water contamination.
- Specialty Sprinkler and Irrigation Services: Got a unique request? We offer dozens of specialty irrigation services designed to meet our clients’ unique needs. If you need a specialty irrigation or sprinkler service, we’re just a phone call away!
How To Prepare Sprinkler System For Winter
Preparing your sprinkler system for winter is an important part of maintaining a healthy lawn and garden. Taking the time to properly winterize your sprinklers can save you from costly repairs in the spring, as well as help ensure that your landscape will remain lush and vibrant when warmer weather returns. Here are some steps you should take to prepare your sprinkler system for winter:
- Turn off all water sources connected to the irrigation system by either turning off valves or disconnecting hoses from outdoor faucets. This will prevent any water remaining in pipes or lines from freezing during cold temperatures which could cause them to burst.
- Drain out any excess water left inside of pipes by using a compressor or blowing air through them until they’re completely dry; this step is especially important if temperatures near freezing are expected overnight since even small amounts of moisture can freeze solid within minutes causing damage along its path inside piping systems.
- Cover up exposed parts with insulation material such as bubble wrap so that they don’t become damaged due to extreme temperature changes throughout the season; it’s also recommended that these parts be removed entirely if possible before being stored indoors until needed again next year.
By following these simple steps you can easily protect yourself against potential damages caused by cold weather while helping maintain a beautiful landscape come springtime! Not only does proper preparation reduce repair costs but it also ensures minimal disruption when switching back on once warm enough outside - making protecting one's investment in their yard much easier than having to start over after unexpected issues arise due to poor planning beforehand.
How to Repair a Sprinkler System: Tips and Tricks
While extensive sprinkler repairs or replacements should typically be left to the pros, here are a few tips and tricks that may be able to solve your minor sprinkler problems:
If your sprinkler system is sputtering or spraying water inconsistently, make sure that the heads are all in line with each other. If you recently replaced any heads, the water may be shooting in the wrong direction. Be sure to adjust the angle of the nozzle so that it is aimed where you want it to go.
If there is a clog or blockage in your system, use a flashlight to see if you can identify the location of the blockage, and then use a small tool such as a screwdriver to attempt to dislodge it and see if the water starts to flow properly. If not, it may be necessary to replace that section of pipe or tubing.
If your sprinkler system is leaking, there are a few things you can do to fix this issue as well. First, check all the connections between pipes and sprinkler heads for any loose fittings or connections. If any are found, tighten them up with a wrench to make sure they are secure. You can also try using some sealant, plumbing tape or pipe clamps to patch the leak.
Finally, if the above tricks don’t work and the sprinkler system is still leaking or appears to be broken beyond repair, you should call the professionals at Conserva Irrigation of Charleston to repair or even replace it entirely. This will involve taking apart the existing system, acquiring new parts, and then reassembling everything correctly. Unless you have extensive experience in installing sprinkler systems, it’s best to leave this to the pros, as you can end up with flooding, yard damage or worse if you do it incorrectly.
How Hard is it to Install a Sprinkler System?
Installing a sprinkler system in your lawn or garden can be a great way to ensure that your plants get the water they need. But how hard is it to install a sprinkler system? The answer depends on several factors such as the type of soil you have, the size of your yard and what type of irrigation system you want to use.
- The first step in installing any kind of irrigation system is determining where you want the pipes placed and figuring out which areas will require more attention than others. This may involve digging trenches or holes depending on what kind of pipe material you’ve chosen for your project – if using PVC pipe, for example, then trenches are necessary whereas flexible hose systems only require small holes. It's important to plan carefully before starting so that everything fits properly when all is said and done.
- Once all of the piping has been laid down in its proper place, connecting each component together requires careful precision since even slight miscalculations could lead to leaks later on down the line. Connecting the water source to the sprinkler head is another crucial step, and making sure that all valves are properly tightened will prevent any potential leaks or flooding down the road.
- The final stage of installing a sprinkler system is programming it for proper use. This can be tricky if you're unfamiliar with irrigation systems and how they work. Being aware of your local weather patterns and watering schedules can also help you program your system correctly and save money on water bills in the long run.
Precision is critical in order to minimize water waste and yard damage. If you're at all unsure about how to go about installing a sprinkler system, it’s best to call the professionals at Conserva Irrigation of Charleston. With their help, you can be sure that your new irrigation system will provide your plants with the nourishment they need and last for years to come.
Frequently Asked Questions
When Should You Flush Out Your Sprinklers?
As the temperature begins to drop and you should consider “winterizing” your sprinkler system. It’s important to do this before the first frost to help prevent any issues.
How Long Does It Take to Water 1 Inch of Grass?
Generally it takes about 20-30 minutes to water 1 inch of grass.
How Much Does It Cost to Install a New Sprinkler System?
Costs for installing a brand new system can vary greatly depending on where you live and the size of the installation you want or need for your property. Sprinkler installations generally start around $2,500 and go up from there.
Why Choose Conserva Irrigation of Charleston?
No matter what sprinkler service you’re looking for, we’re here to ensure your hard-earned money isn’t going down the drain thanks from wasted water. When you partner with Conserva Irrigation of Charleston, you’ll get a sprinkler system you can trust and a team of people who want to see you succeed.
Are you thinking of updating your sprinkler system or having one installed for the first time? If so, take advantage of our free sprinkler inspections! We are fully equipped with the tools needed to help you start saving water and money the moment you turn on your new system. Ready to have a lawn that will make you the envy of your neighborhood? When it comes to your sprinkler system, set it and forget it with Conserva Irrigation.