Sugar Land Sprinkler Winterization Services
Winterize Your Sprinkler System with The Professionals
In Sugar Land, November to February tends to be the coldest months, with temperatures dropping to 45°F and below. Under the increasingly common extreme cold conditions, you’ll notice that exposed pipes, such as those found throughout your lawn’s sprinkler system, are freezing more commonly for homeowners and businesses alike.
At Conserva Irrigation of Southwest Houston, our team can provide your property with the proper irrigation winterization services to shut down your sprinkler system, removing all water from the heads, lines, and base. This will help ensure that your sprinkler system and attached plumbing are safe in the event of a hard freeze or major cold front.
What is Sprinkler Winterization?
Some of the tasks our team will complete during our sprinkler winterization service include:
- Ensure the water supply to your system is shut off
- Shut down the system controller
- Drain all water from your sprinkler system
- Perform a full inspection of your system
- Provide an estimate for any recommended repairs
- Address any of your concerns and answer questions
- Discuss our No Freeze Damage Guarantee™
We’ll ensure your lawn winterization checklist is completed and recommendations are made to ensure your system always operates at peak performance. Our Sugar Land sprinkler company is dedicated to helping you enjoy a beautiful lawn and damage-free system with our No Freeze Damage Guarantee™.
Our No Freeze Damage Guarantee™
The winter season can be harsh on your irrigation systems. Pipes can freeze and burst if they’re not setup for the cold weather. Our Sugar Land team of experts can help you save thousands a year in costly repairs by providing you with a professional winterization shut down service at a flat rate, regardless of who installed your system.
Conserva Irrigation guarantees the proper winterization of your system. Our sprinkler winterization approach is the best way to winterize your system and avoid your pipes from freezing. In the rare event that damage does occur after we winterize your system, we’ll repair the damaged components at no cost to you.
Our guarantee excludes coverage for conditions in which:
- The irrigation system was not winterized prior to freezing temperatures
- The backflow prevention device was not built correctly
- A zone would not operate properly, nor could the valve be located
What Happens If I Don’t Winterize My Sprinkler System?
When things get very cold, and you forget to winterize your pipes, the water trapped in your lines will freeze. When water freezes, it expands and causes a variety of problems, including leaks and general unreliability.
Winterizing your property’s irrigation system helps protect:
- Sprinkler Heads – Water trapped in the sprinkler heads will freeze and pop off! Additionally, the small component that helps the sprinkler head retract can crack and freeze, causing the heads to become unmovable.
- Sprinkler Body – When water isn’t removed from the body of the sprinkler, the water will freeze, and with nowhere to go, it has no choice but to crack, burst, and split the body and attached lines.
- Sprinkler Lines – Your sprinkler lines are connected to your home’s water lines, so they must be treated with the same seasonal care as the rest of the exposed pipes throughout your property. Any frozen water can cause a pipe to easily rupture and cause a ripple of damage into your home.
If you need to winterize your irrigation system in Sugar Land, call our team right away. We’re a full-service irrigation company, prepared to offer the services you need to get your system back to normal. We’ll also work with you to establish a seasonal inspection and service plan to make sure you never have to worry about it again!