Water Conservation in Greater Denver
Save Water. Save Money. Save Colorado.
According to the US Drought Monitor as of February 2020, all of Colorado is currently in a moderate to extreme drought. With Consevra, your irrigation system can use 40-60% less water, saving you money, saving our planet’s precious resource, and ensuring there is enough water for future generations.
Water is a precious resource, especially in Colorado, and without it – the results could be devastating. And yet, almost 50% of the water in Colorado is wasted due to poor irrigation methods, systems, and leaks. But, how exactly is this water wasted? A broken sprinkler head wastes a whopping 25,000 gallons per year. Also, an irrigation line leak as small as the tip of a pen wastes 6,300 gallons per month. By upgrading to an advanced WaterSense system, you can save up to 8,800 gallons per year when using a smart controller.
How we use and protect our Colorado water has a ripple effect on communities in Denver and all across the state. Water doesn’t just improve our individual lives, it sustains our Colorado agriculture, industry, recreation, tourism, and environment.
Some effects of droughts include:
- Shortage of drinking water
- Increased danger of wildfires
- Poor soil quality
- Economic distress
- Loss of water levels in lakes, ponds, and reservoirs
With the addition of current and future water restrictions, it’s more important than ever to ensure we are no longer wasting water and doing our part. While you can do things like shortening your shower, it’s important to understand what you can do to make sure your lawn is not contributing to Colorado’s drought.
Take Responsibility with Us
When a drought is declared, extra precautions must be taken. From turning off the tap to only using as much as you need, common drought tips are easy to follow. When it comes to your lawn, things can be a bit more complex. We have identified some of the best ways to reduce your lawn’s water usage, all while keeping your monthly water bill lowered.
Some ways to reduce your water usage include:
- Upgrade Your System – Utilize technology designed to ensure your lawn gets the water it needs, never a drop more. In fact, it’s best to upgrade your irrigation system by installing an EPA WaterSense smart controller and highly efficient spray heads. Then get a $75 rebate from Denver Water!
- Water at the Right Time – Water only during cooler times of the day. It’s important to note that Denver lawn watering is not allowed between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m. Water in the early morning or evening to beat the sun’s evaporation.
- Reduce Watering – Water no more than three days per week to conserve water. It’s also important to turn to a professional irrigation technician to help you program your controller and establish the best irrigation plan for your property. Do not irrigate while it is raining or during high winds.
- Patience – Before you keep watering the same zone, it’s important to allow the soil time to soak up the water by adding multiple start times and reduce each zone’s watering time.
- Repair Your System – Repair leaking sprinkler systems and broken sprinkler heads as soon as they are noticed. Not only does leaks waste water and money, but the repairs also tend to be cheaper and easier to handle the sooner they are reported to a professional!
- Adjust Your System – Adjust and align your sprinkler heads, preventing water from spraying on sidewalks, driveways, patios, and fences. This is one of the simplest ways to begin helping you conserve your property’s water.
- Check Your Water Bill – As always, it’s important to routinely read and make sure you understand your water bill. Denver Water’s guideline is 12 gallons of water per year, per square foot of landscape. If something seems off, be sure to give our irrigation experts a call!
As the only irrigation company founded on the idea of saving and conserving water, we are dedicated to providing our local communities with all the services they need to keep their system running efficiently and properly. If you are looking for help with any of the above sips, such as inspections or repairs, or don’t even know where to start, give our team of irrigation experts a call today!
The Conserva Difference
Whether you’re ready to reduce your monthly water bill, conserve water, or simply looking to ensure your system is as efficient as you may think, be sure to turn to Conserva Irrigation of Greater Denver. Unlike other irrigation companies in Denver, our company was founded on wanted to help communities conserve water.
One of the easiest ways you can begin doing your part in conserving Colorado’s water is by having a sprinkler inspection completed. Our team is here to perform a full inspection, as well as offer the necessary services needed for a full system spruce-up.
Some of the common sprinkler services our team performs include:
- Sprinkler head replacement
- Tightening hoses and pipes
- Drainage solutions
- Customize sprinkler design and installation
Did you know that a broken sprinkler head can waste up to 25,000 gallons of water in six months? Having a simple repair completed like this is just one example of how seemingly insignificant irrigation problems can have negative effects that cause even more money than the repair would have cost.
When you’re ready to learn how our team of Colorado irrigation experts can help you save water and money, give us a call at (303) 997-3919 or contact us online.